Friday 16 November 2012

Blog the First

I've now got the urge to start blogging again. This will now be a new place where I'll write about whatever is interesting me at the time. More than likely it will contain a healthy dose of Astronomy, a sprinkle of writing about film and literature and amateur photography exploits. Warning: this scientist may get political when provoked. It is about time our 'private' political opinions made it out into the open whatever our discipline. After all, only through debate and discussion can we have any hope of moving forward.

What you can hope to find here in future:
  • Interesting pieces on the latest astronomy research and where possible connecting it with a wider political, cultural and historical context.
  • The life and times of an astronomy PhD student through the joys and I'm sure, the many, many horrors.
  • Literature and film reviews and maybe short essays on the directors and novelists that mean something to me.
  • Short essays on ideas.
  • Posts of my photography and thoughts/tips/hints on using Photoshop. 
  • Adulations of the lyrics of Nick Cave.

I'm sure you'll see much more as this blog gets rolling. So stay tuned readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment