Saturday 15 June 2013

Yashica Mat 124g

I've recently bought a Yashica Mat 124g. It's a beautiful camera to look at, the light meter is still working and  it's brilliant having a large waist-level viewfinder for composition. For those of you that don't know, the 124g is a TLR or Twin Lens Reflex Camera meaning one lens is used for composition in the viewfinder and the other is used for the capture. Most TLRs take 120 roll film instead of the more familiar 35mm film. This means the negatives are 6cm by 6cm, allowing wide enlargement and crisp results. I've just got a delivery of 120 roll film for the camera, loaded it (hopefully the right way) and taken my first shot. Hopefully the weather will play ball tomorrow and I can run through my first ever roll of 120 film. I'm really excited to see the crisp results!

Here is the camera next to a tea pot. The light is just lovely in my flat. You can only begin to appreciate it when it's captured:


No comments:

Post a Comment